Childline - 1098
CHILDLINE 1098 service is a 24 hour free emergency phone outreach service for children in need of care and protection. It is supported by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development and linking state Governments, NGOs and Corporate sector.
Children, who run away from the families and community because of the difficulties in the families or school, come to street, are rescued and brought to the centre. The rescued children are counseled and restored with their families, if not possible, they will be retained in the centre and admitted in schools or vocational training centers. The children are generally wandering in streets, bus stands, railway stations etc.
Issues discussed in the weekly Meetings:
There are 50 weekly meetings were contacted
Tirunelveli CHILDLINE discussed on call intervention. It includes strategies to respond the calls; problem faced by the team members and formulated the strategies to overcome the problem.
Discussed about the role of Allied systems and their participants during case interventions, outreach & awareness activities.
The team reviewed the documents like call register, attendance, and profile, Open house outreach, School campaign programme Petty Cash, etc
Discussed on next weekly plan. It includes follow up visits, outreach & awareness plan, Open house and training for the team members, etc.
Discussed on weekly plan for outreach. It includes areas to be focused, target group, methodologies, participation of allied system.
Discussed on administrative issues like duty schedule, petty cash, leave, shift duty
Awareness Programmes Conducted:
There are 62 awareness programmes were contacted and they were contacted in the following places.
1. Juntion Railway Station, 2.Bus Stand, 3.KTC Nagar, 4.udaiyarpattai, 5.Town, 6.Palai Bus Stand, 7.Sripuram, 8.Balabakkiya Nagar, 9.Arunthathiyar colony, 10Puthukulam, 11.Oorudaiyan kudiruppu, 12.Kariruppu, 13.Thatchanallur, 14.Muthu Nagar, 15.Kailasapuram, 16.Ramayanpattai, 17.Nalmeippar Nagar, 18.Melaseval, 19.Pettai, 20.Melapayam, 21.Meenatchipuram, 22.Selva Vignesh Nagar, 23.Aniyarkulam, 24.G.H., 25.Vannarpettai, 26.Suthamalli, 27.Balaji Avenue, 28.New Bus stand, 29.V.O.c. Ground, 30.Vagaiyatimukku, 31.Pettai Municipal Stop, 32.MKP Nagar, 33.Melapalayam Auto Stand and 34.Commissioner Office.
Grass roots level outreach with Children and concerned Adults:
64 grass roots level outreach with children and concerned were contacted in following places for various persons.
Number of programmes
|Railway station||Junction Railway Station
Nellaiappar Kovil car street
New Bus stand,
|Cinema halls||Slide Show - City Limited Theatre||
|Tourist places||Nellaiyappar kovil Temple car street,||
Pettai Gypsy colony
The following tools were used for awareness and outreach programmes.
Puppet Show, Mega Phone, Street Play, Stickers and Posters, Slide Show in Theatre, Awareness Song, Games, Rally and Regular visit by Team members
Open House Programmes Held
In open house progrmme the main issues are indentified and the problems were brought by the area children through the programmes. There are 12 open house programme were held in the following places
The following issues and problems were mentioned by the children during open house; Drop out of children in the school, Domestic Child labour, Begging children, Rag Picking, Drug Addicts, Child Marriage, Missing Children, Run away children, Street Children, Child Labour and Sumangali Thittam.
Innovative Programmes in Child Line:
- On 16.06.2012 - Anti Child Trafficking Awareness Programme were contacted in Tirunelvlei Town, Manthira Moorthy Higher Secondary school. 750 persons participated in the programme out of them 650 are students.
- On 01.07.2012 to 23.08.2012- Government Exhibition – A stall was given to Tirunelveli childline by Social Welfare Board. Nearly 15000 people got awareness about childline and child rights.
- On 10.08.2012- Caldwell Community Development Centre at Radhapuram – In house training were given to 300 home children about child rights
- On 26.08.2012 - Sara Tucker Girls School Community Development Centre –Palayamkottai - In house training were given to 500 children about child rights, violation child rights.
- On 29.08.2012 Peace Health Centre Community Development Centre – Vellankuzhi - In house training were given to 500 children about child rights, violation child rights.
- On 07.11.2012 – 14.011.2012 CHILDLINE Se-dosti Programme
- On 28.11.2012 Beggars Raid in Vallioor
- On 15.02.2013 Resource Organization Meeting
- On 28.03.2013 Police Training (Seminar on Child Protection)